Note that all functions described below must be performed, and it is normally the responsibility of the individual in this position to perform them and/or see that they are performed. Functions are categorized as essential and marginal so that consideration can be given to accommodating a person with a disability by reassigning one or more marginal functions if it is practical for said function(s) to be performed by other employees(s).
1. Assist the head coach develop, recruit, and administer highly competitive men's lacrosse program, consistent with the student-athlete philosophy of Division III, which generates College and community enthusiasm and support. Assist with administrative and coaching activities within the program.
2. Help develop practice preparations, in conjunction with the entire coaching staff, by analyzing film, designing strategies, communicating with the student-athletes in the specialty area and writing reports.
3. Develop and implement an on-going professional development plan as it relates to lacrosse in general, wellness, nutrition, and overall strength and conditioning.
4. Coach a particular group(s) as assigned by the head coach, organize standard practices, and develop individual athletes.
5. Participate in any promotional activities for the men's lacrosse program including the Faculty Mentor Program, Parent's Day activities, Alumni Day activities, Senior Day activities, fund-raisers during the academic year, summer camps, and other marketing and promotional activities.
6. Support the College's mission, vision and values, and contribute to the advancement of the College's Strategic Plan.
7. Demonstrate a strong commitment to continuous quality improvement.
8. Demonstrate civil and inclusive behavior when interacting with staff, faculty, students and visitors to the College. Promote a flexible, collaborative and inclusive work and living environment and engage in educational opportunities to increase awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Perform routine office functions such as typing, filing, and copying.
2. Participate in logistical activities such as delivering materials to and picking up materials from the campus print shop and mailroom, storage areas, vendor facilities and other locations.
1. Support the College's mission, vision and values, and contribute to the advancement of the College's Strategic Plan. 2. Demonstrate a strong commitment to continuous quality improvement. 3. Demonstrate civil and inclusive behavior when interacting with staff, faculty, students and visitors to the College. Promote a flexible, collaborative and inclusive work and living environment and engage in educational opportunities to increase awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion.
High School diploma or GED is required. Bachelor's degree is preferred.
Administrative, playing, or coaching experience in the sport is preferred.
Licenses or Certifications:
Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record are preferred.
The primary purpose of the Assistant Men's Lacrosse Coach is to play an integral role in the effective operation of the men's lacrosse program, develop young men in the North Central College lacrosse philosophy, to direct aspects of the overall lacrosse program strategy including development and retaining student-athletes. The assistant lacrosse coach will also work with the Director and Assistant/Associate Director of Athletics helping further develop, implement, and evaluate components of departmental athletic events and leadership programs.
North Central College is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to increasing the diversity of our workforce. NCC provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please notify the Office of Human Resources. Determinations for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Organization Type: Higher Education Institution