The Assistant Men's & Women's Track and Field Coach reports to the Head Coach. Responsibilities include: assisting with organizational duties and the development of training and practice schedules; teaching, evaluating and refining sport specific skill development for student-athletes; and recruitment of qualified student-athletes within university and NCAA guidelines.
1. Bachelor's Degree required.
2. Prior experience coaching Men's & Women's Track and Field at the collegiate or high school level and/or competitive personal playing experience.
3. Minimum of 2 years of Men's & Women's Track and Field coaching experience.
4. Knowledge of NCAA Division I rules and regulations a plus.
5. Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
6. Must have a First Aid and CPR certification or obtain them during the 90 day Introductory Period. National Red Cross Certification preferred.
7. Valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record in accordance with the university's Motor Vehicle policy. A MVC check will be required at the time of hire and thereafter as deemed appropriate by the university. Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing the MVC check.
8. Must be willing to travel and be available to work flexible hours including nights and weekends as required.
9. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing the background check and produce a Social Security Card.
Fairleigh Dickinson University is a center of academic excellence dedicated to the preparation of world citizens through global education. The University strives to provide students with the multi-disciplinary, intercultural, and ethical understandings necessary to participate, lead, and prosper in the global marketplace of ideas, commerce and culture.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Fairleigh Dickinson University takes affirmative action in support of its policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.Please click on this link to view a federal government poster that explains your Equal Employment Opportunity rights http://www.fdu.edu/admin/eh/fedeeo.pdf