Reporting to the Director and/or an Associate Director of Athletics, the Head Women's Basketball Coach is responsible for organizing and conducting an intercollegiate athletic program at the Division III level. The program shall be conducted under the rules and regulations of the National Collegiate Athletic Association, Division III, the Middle Atlantic Conferences (MAC), and the University. The incumbent is also responsible for supervising Assistant Coaches; teaching, evaluating and refining sport specific skill development for student-athletes; and recruitment of qualified student-athletes within the university and NCAA Division III guidelines. Head Coaches are asked to perform additional duties for the betterment of the Athletics Department and University. It is expected that the coach fulfills these duties with the same effort they would put into coaching their respective sport.
2. Three years experience as a Women's Basketball coach at the intercollegiate or high school levels, and highly competitive personal playing experience.
3. Knowledge of NCAA Division III rules and regulations a plus.
4. Commitment to support the academic progress and development of student-athletes.
5. Evidence of recruiting success in Women's Basketballprograms.
6. Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
7. Must have a First Aid and CPR certification or obtain them during the 90 day Introductory Period. National Red Cross certification preferred.
8. Willingness to travel and work varied hours including evenings and weekends.
9. Valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record in accordance with the university's Motor Vehicle policy. A MVC check will be required at the time of hire and thereafter as deemed appropriate by the university. Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing the MVC check.
10. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing the background check and produce a Social Security Card.
Campus: Florham Campus, Madison, NJ
Hiring Manager: Jenn Noon
Department: Athletics, Basketball-Florham
Internal Number: 7662
About Fairleigh Dickinson University
Fairleigh Dickinson University is a center of academic excellence dedicated to the preparation of world citizens through global education. The University strives to provide students with the multi-disciplinary, intercultural, and ethical understandings necessary to participate, lead, and prosper in the global marketplace of ideas, commerce and culture.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Fairleigh Dickinson University takes affirmative action in support of its policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.Please click on this link to view a federal government poster that explains your Equal Employment Opportunity rights http://www.fdu.edu/admin/eh/fedeeo.pdf