Part-time Head Coach to oversee the WKCTC men's basketball team.
1. Serve as head coach for the WKCTC Basketball Club intercollegiate basketball program.
2. Recruit and recommend the acceptance of prospective athletics.
3. Supervise practice sessions according to scheduled times.
4. Responsible for the teaching and development of basketball skills to student-athletes.
5. Make the necessary arrangements for traveling to scheduled events.
6. Schedule all games for the basketball season with as little of class time missed as possible using NJCAA guidelines.
7. Monitor academic progress of student-athletes including having study tables and securing tutors.
8. Provide data, research, and team informational requests to college administration as needed.
9. Operate the sport program with integrity and within the scope and intent of NJCAA, college regulations.
10. Comply with all NJCAA rules, procedures, and eligibility standards and follow the guidelines established in the NJCAA Handbook.
11. Complete the necessary forms for injuries and submit through the correct channels.
12. Coordinate all physical arrangements for all home events.
13. Plan, organize, and direct all fund-raising basketball camps.
14. Demonstrate commitment to equity and inclusion efforts that include culturally responsible coaching and success of a diverse student-athlete
1. Act as initial liaison with student/athletes under your direction for issues such as campus visitation, inquires, parental questions, student/athlete questions and our program set-up.
2. Provide proper guidance regarding class attendance and conduct with student/athletes under your direction. This includes informing the Student Life Office of any major violations by your current student/athletes.
3. Provide program discipline as needed to ensure the program is functioning within the scope and goals of our athletic program regarding academic and conduct matters whether in the classroom, during participation, or in the community.
4. Work with college Marketing and Communications department to create materials and in any promotion of WKCTC Basketball program.
5. Participates in college events/meetings in representation of the basketball program, as required.
6. Foster positive relationships with faculty, staff, students, media, alumni and corporate partners while interacting successfully with department personnel and the college community.
7. Establish and maintain direct contact with area high schools as well as other relevant local public agencies.
8. Coordinate facility usage for practice and games with the Campus Operations Office.
9. Serve as the driver of vehicles needed for all travel to and from games and as needed for other events. Report any problems to the Student Life Office.
10. Perform other duties as assigned by the Student Life Office
11. Collaborate with community to provide volunteer opportunities for players.
12. Serve as mentor to student athletes for academic and non-academic issues.
Clean driving record
Successful coaching experience at the college level
Playing experience at the college level
Internal Number: 69317
About West Kentucky Community & Technical College
West Kentucky Community & Technical College (WKCTC) has been recognized as a top 10 community college in the nation by The Aspen Institute each of the four years the prize has been awarded and twice as a Finalist with Distinction. Located in Paducah, Kentucky, WKCTC is a comprehensive community college that provides excellence in teaching and learning, promotes student success, and supports economic development.