Appalachian State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. The University does not discriminate in access to its educational programs and activities, or with respect to hiring or the terms and conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, political affiliation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or sexual orientation.
Background Check Statement:
Any offer of employment to a successful candidate will be conditioned upon the University's receipt of a satisfactory criminal background report.
Eligibility for Employment:
Proper documentation of identity and eligibility for employment will be required before the hiring process can be completed.
Bachelor’s degree and knowledge of the NCAA of the rules and regulations related to recruiting and working with student-athletes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Serve as primary liaison to high school football coaches in regards to recruiting.
2. Work as integral part of football coaching staff to recruit and retain student-athletes who have the ability to succeed academically and athletically. Filter all recruiting video; correspond with high school coaches and recruits; work with prospective student-athletes and families to ensure all qualifications are met for NCAA initial eligibility and institutional admissions standards. Use computer software system (JumpForward) to enhance recruiting methods and procedures.
3. Maintain effective relationships with student-athletes, peers, administrators, faculty, media representatives, and the general public; Work to integrate sports into the whole spectrum of academic life to complement the University and its mission in the community.
4. Advise and mentor current student-athletes in their transition from high school to college. Develop relationships with current student-athletes to assist with academic demands, community involvement, summer jobs and internships.
5. Emphasize, support and monitor the educational activities of the student-athletes so as to help ensure that student-athletes' progress toward a degree in a defined academic program.
6. Oversee office personnel and ensure that the football office is run in an efficient manner. At times, the person in this position will have to participate in clerical related tasks.
7. Organize, manage and schedule all unofficial visit for prospects on campus.
8. Oversee and coordinate the distribution of football graphics.
9. Manage and coordinate all of the footballs social media activities.
Exceptional interpersonal and counseling skills;
Experience with recruiting student-athletes;
Knowledge of the JumpForward recruiting software; and
Appalachian State University, located in Boone, North Carolina’s Blue Ridge Mountains, prepares students to lead purposeful lives as engaged global citizens who understand their responsibilities in creating a sustainable future for all. The transformational Appalachian experience promotes a spirit of inclusion that brings people together in inspiring ways to acquire and create knowledge, to grow holistically, to act with passion and determination, and embrace diversity and difference. Appalachian enrolls about 18,000 students, has a low faculty-to-student ratio and offers more than 150 undergraduate and graduate majors. It is one of 16 universities in the University of North Carolina system.