Location: Rockville, Maryland
Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as "TBA" does not constitute an assignment. The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Management's sole discretion.
The Montgomery College, Rockville, is currently accepting applications for possible openings as a part-time faculty member as Head Volleyball Coach. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated coach who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner.
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. ***
* The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as "TBA" does not constitute an assignment.
* The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Management's sole discretion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining a respected NJCAA Division II Volleyball program.
- Being knowledgeable of and adhering to all applicable NJCAA, conference, department and college regulations that relate to recruiting, daily program management, operations of the sport and general success of the program.
- Administering and directing all aspects of the program.
- Providing leadership and mentorship of student athletes.
- Establishing team and individual goals.
- Administering and coordinating all equipment and uniform purchases within budgetary limitations
- Promoting and monitoring the physical, emotional and social welfare of student-athletes.
- Recruiting quality student-athletes by means of personal contact and correspondence, evaluating ability in person or by videotape, and through on-campus visits.
- Planning and implementing in-season conditioning and practices, evaluating both team and individual performance.
- Preparing and conducting off-season conditioning, practice and other related activities.
- Monitoring and promoting student-athlete academic progress and success in accordance with Athletic department academic policies.
- Managing and arranging team travel.
- Scheduling games and practices.
- Working closely with the media relations department.
- Scheduling and operating games and practices.
- Conduct Volleyball clinics and camps.
- Develop and implement team fundraisers.
- Ability to work effectively with administrators, faculty, staff, parents, and alumni.
- Bachelors Degree.
- The successful candidate will have 3-5 years of College, and/or High School volleyball coaching experience.
- Knowledge of NJCAA or NCAA rules and regulations; college playing experience; experience training or instructing student-athletes; and demonstrated leadership in team management.
- Technical and Tactical understanding of college volleyball.
- Analytical understanding of game related data.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Faculty members are expected to have access to a personal computer with virus protection that can connect to the internet outside of the work location (i.e., office, classroom, college campus)*. Montgomery College (MC) provides an MC e-mail account and access to the learning platform, password-protected faculty sections of the website, college listservs, and other faculty communications tools. *If you do not have access to a personal computer, please notify the department chair at the time of interview. Subject to available funds, the college may be able to provide temporary access to resources.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without a sponsor.
- Prior collegiate women's volleyball coaching.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
Successful completion of a background check and degree verification (if applicable).
For international degrees, you must provide US degree equivalency verified by a nationally recognized credential evaluation service.
Monday, May 1, 2023