The University of California, Merced is the newest and tenth campus of the University of California system and the first American research university built in the 21st century. With approximately 7,300 students, UC Merced has planned for additional student growth until we reach an enrollment of approximately 25,000 students. With undergraduate, graduate, and PhD programs, plans for a future medical school program, partnerships and community involvement, the UC Merced campus is continually evolving, requiring talented, knowledgeable and dynamic educators, researchers, management and staff.
Under the general direction of the Associate Athletic Director, the incumbent will manage the team and assume responsibility in the areas of recruiting, retention, coaching, scheduling, game and practice management, providing supervision of assistant coaches, monitoring student-athlete academic progress and eligibility, budget management and fundraising. The incumbent is responsible for the overall management of team and is responsible for developing and implementing the team vision and goals.
1. Game and Practice Management Design and implement game and practices strategies related to particular sport.
2. Ensure player understanding of game strategies as they relate to particular sport.
3. Ensure player understanding of applicable rules and annual rule changes for their sport.
4. Coordinate team practice schedules within the rules of the NAIA, campus department regulations and student-athletes schedules.
5. Coordinate competitive schedule to be fairly balanced between home and away contests and respects the student-athletes academic requirements.
6. Ensure student-athletes and assistant coaches comply with NAIA, Cal Pac, Department and university rules and regulations.